The Victory Gate218 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Victory Way, Siem Reap, Cambodia Map
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Victory Gate is one of the Ancient gates of Angkor Thom and has 5 entryways which monitor the old city of Angkor Thom, and is marginally less preserved than the South Gate. It was fabricated by King Jayavarman VII in the late twelfth Century, serving as 1 of the 5 blessed Buddhist passages to Angkor Thom. This entryway was imperative as amid the King's rule he would send his armed force into the fight through this real door when shielding the Kingdom. The gate has carved faces, facing all the four directions, which depicts both the good and evil. The place has its own historical importance and it is amongst the most beautiful places that you will see in Angkor.
Highlights and must see includes:
- Carved faces.
- Eyrawana Elephants located in the inner corner of the gate.
- Beautiful landscape.
The Victory Gate Hours
- Please enquire before you visit
- Recommended time 10am to 12pm
How to Reach The Victory Gate
- Hire a tuk tuk
- Ask a local
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Siem Reap before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siem Reap and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Victory Gate Address: Victory Way, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Time required to visit The Victory Gate: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
7.33% of people who visit Siem Reap include The Victory Gate in their plan
95% of people start their The Victory Gate visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Victory Gate
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Victory Gate
People normally also visit Kbal Spean while planning their trip to The Victory Gate.