- Address: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Ticket Price: 24300 KHR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Statue, Family And Kids
Wat Thmey is a little dynamic Pagoda, dedicated to the country and to its people who sacrificed their lives for the country. Since 1400, the country has been suffering and was once completely destroyed, which took away millions of lives. It is a memorial for them and the place makes you really emotional when you hear the story and the Cambodian history. The place has a statue of Buddha, where the people who lost their family members comes and pray. If you are interested in history and if you want to know what exactly happened here, then Wat Thmey is the place you must visit.
Highlights and must see includes
- Statue of Buddha
- Beautiful Garden
- Small museum
- Souvenir shop
- Human skulls still
- Wheelchair friendly
- At the entrance you get headphones, which narrates the story.
Wat Thmey Travel Tips
- Take a guide along to understand the place better.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as the ground is uneven.
Wat Thmey Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit: 11:00 AM -2:00 PM
How to Reach Wat Thmey
- Ask a local.
- Hire a tuk tuk.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Siem Reap before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siem Reap and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.23% of people who visit Siem Reap include Wat Thmey in their plan
33.33% of people start their Wat Thmey visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Wat Thmey
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Thmey