Abbazia Di San Galgano1301 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Localita San Galgano, 167, 53012 Chiusdino SI, Italy, Siena Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0577756738
- Ticket Price: 2 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
The majestic ruins of Abbey of San Galgano were found in the valley of the river Merse. It was built by the Cistercian monks and was dedicated to St. Galganus. This 13th century abbey was built in the gothic style and was once a wealthy, thriving church that was later left to ruins until recent restorations. The abbey declined in the 16th century due to a long period of corruption. As of now, an empty shell remains of what was once a beautiful church.
How to Reach Abbazia Di San Galgano
- Nearest Bus Stop: San Galgano, Bivio S.Galgano Opp.
- Salendo Wine Bar di Ardenghi Paola
- Agriturismo San Galgano
- Bivio S.Galgano Opp.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Siena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siena and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Abbazia Di San Galgano Address: Localita San Galgano, 167, 53012 Chiusdino SI, Italy, Siena
- Abbazia Di San Galgano Contact Number: +39-0577756738
- Abbazia Di San Galgano Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Abbazia Di San Galgano Price: 2 EUR
- Best time to visit Abbazia Di San Galgano(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Abbazia Di San Galgano: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
68.87% of people who visit Siena include Abbazia Di San Galgano in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
71.53% of people start their Abbazia Di San Galgano visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Abbazia Di San Galgano
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Abbazia Di San Galgano
People normally club together Via Assisi and Siena Cathedral while planning their visit to Abbazia Di San Galgano.