How to Reach Siena, Italy
The Easiest Way to Reach Siena
HOW TO GET TO SIENA
- By Air: The nearest airports are Peretola Airport (Florence) and Galileo Galilei International Airport (Pisa) from where you will get flights to reach Siena. Shuttle service and connected bus services of the Siena line are available to reach Siena from the airport. Same thing goes for the travelers who are coming from Bologna Marconi airport.
- By Train: You can reach Siena from both Florence and Pisa. If you are coming from the North like Florence, it will take you around 1 and ½ hour to reach the city and the trains from here are available frequently. From Pisa, you have to change the train at Empoli. From Empoli, there is a train every 30-60 minutes. From the south, trains are not so frequent and you have to change trains in Chuisi.
- By Bus: If you are looking for the fastest way to get in, buses are the option to consider. Frequent buses are available from Florence, Rome, Milan to Siena. SITA bus stand located near to Florence’s train station has buses to and from Seina. The journey will take around an hour and the bus will drop you near Siena’s Historic city center.
- By Car: Travelling by car is not a bad idea if you are coming from Florence, as it will take only 45 minutes to reach the city. From Rome, it will be around 2 hours of journey. Here, Automobile traffic is not permitted inside the city walls. Hence, if you are coming by car, make the parking arrangements beforehand or else speak with your hotel to arrange it for you.
HOW TO GET AROUND SIENA
- By Car: Taking a look into the city map of Siena will show availability of ample parking space area. But most of them are located far away from the center of the city as cars are not allowed within the city walls. Moreover, the parking fees are quite high. So, even if you hire a car, you have to park it outside the city walls. You can even hire a taxi for the city tour.
- By Bus: TRA-IN Company offers buses that cover some streets of the city connecting to the central area.
- Beside these two options, if you are looking for the convenient and common option, walking is the best thing you can think of. This is because most of the historical buildings in the city don’t allow car parking within its premise. So, by walking you can enjoy the city in a much better way.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Siena and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Siena
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Siena. The most preferred mode of transport in Siena is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 45 km Average time: 95 min
Train/Metro 100%Train 65 min Walking 20 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 45 kms 95 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Siena
- How to reach Florence
- How to reach Livorno
- How to reach Cinque Terre
- How to reach Ferrara
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Portofino
- How to reach Prato
- How to reach San Gimignanello
- How to reach Puglia
- How to Reach Top Cities in Italy
- How to reach Venice
- How to reach Naples
- How to reach Milan
- How to reach Positano
- How to reach Catania
- How to reach Padua
- How to reach Trieste
- How to reach Ravenna
- How to reach Perugia
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach London Borough Of Islington
- How to reach Bhyri
- How to reach Bhimashankar