Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia2376 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza del Campo, 1, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0577292342
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Square, Family And Kids
Located in Piazza del Campo, the Mangia Tower was originally built between 1338 to 1348. At that time, it had the pride of being one of the tallest towers of medieval Italy. It stands at a commanding height of 289 feet. Fascinatingly, the tower is named after a gluttonous watchman. The top of the tower is privy to outstanding views of the city. It stands out at the Piazza del Campo, not just because of its height but also because of its authentic medieval architecture.
Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia Travel Tips
- No bags allowed upstairs. The bags have to be kept in a locker before you go inside.
- The climb is steep and has approximately 300 stairs. It may not be suitable for the elderly or the disabled.
How to Reach Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia
- Nearest Bus Stop: Logge Del Papa (Arrivo), Piazza Indipendenza (Arrivo)
- Osteria Le Logge
- Ristorante Pizzeria Sansedoni in Birreria
- Ristorante Guidoriccio
- Ristorante Fonte Gaia di Siena
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Siena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siena and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Siena include Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
67.59% of people start their Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia
76.31% of people prefer walking in order to reach Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia