Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia, Siena
About Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia, Siena
Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia, Siena - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Piazza del Campo, 1, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 21.3K times in trip plans
Memorial, Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located in Piazza del Campo, the Mangia Tower was originally built between 1338 to 1348. At that time, it had the pride of being one of the tallest towers of medieval Italy. It stands at a commanding height of 289 feet. Fascinatingly, the tower is named after a gluttonous watchman. The top of the tower is privy to outstanding views of the city. It stands out at the Piazza del Campo, not just because of its height but also because of its authentic medieval architecture.
Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia Information
- No bags allowed upstairs. The bags have to be kept in a locker before you go inside.
- The climb is steep and has approximately 300 stairs. It may not be suitable for the elderly or the disabled.
How To reach Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Logge Del Papa (Arrivo), Piazza Indipendenza (Arrivo)
Restaurants Near Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia
- Osteria Le Logge
- Ristorante Pizzeria Sansedoni in Birreria
- Ristorante Guidoriccio
- Ristorante Fonte Gaia di Siena
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Siena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mangia Tower Or Torre Del Mangia, Siena Reviews - Write a Review
€10 is a bit much considering the arrangement: narrow stairways mean one-way access at any time. You also have to wait for the light signal at the bottom of the tower to go green ("Avanti"). That said, the view from the top is spectacular from all four sides so be sure to bring a camera. Don't go if you're claustrophobic or suffer from vertigo.
Dirty place with a lot of pigeons that can cause a dangerous disease. The scenic view not compensate climb so many stairs with pigeon faeces.
The view at the top is amazing. Stairs are narrow but those with a fear of height shouldnt worry. Only downside is all the staff were super unfriendly however you dont go there for good service...
Spectacular views of the city and surrounding area. Quite a climb on narrow steps, Iloved it and so did my 2 years old son... 😊
It costs €10 euro to climb the tower which is almost as much as the €13 for the opa si pass which gets you access to all parts of the Duomo, including the panoramic view at the top of the Duomo Nuovo, which is just as high as the torre and has fantastic views.
- Nearby Attractions
- Saint Pietro Alle Scale
- Insigne Collegiata Di Santa Maria In Provenzano
- Basilica Cateriniana San Domenico
- Oratorio Di San Bernardino E Museo Diocesano
- Museo Delle Tavolette Di Biccherna
- Civic Museum
- Camping Siena Colleverde
- Orto Botanico Dell'universita Di Siena
- Tuscan Wine School Siena
- Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Siena Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Siena
- What to See in 48 Hours in Siena
- What to See in 72 Hours in Siena
- How to Spend 5 Days in Siena
- How to Spend 6 Days in Siena
- How to Spend 7 Days in Siena