Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico2023 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Piazza del Campo, 1, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0577292226
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Monument, Town, Architecture , Specialty Museums
The Palazzo Pubblico of Siena (also known as the Palazzo Comunale) was built in the Piazza del Campo between 1297 and 1310 as the new headquarters of the Government of the Nine. The first nucleus, which dates 1284, was expanded and reconstructed until 1310 when the government moved in permanently. The Palazzo Comunale is the headquarters of the modern city’s administration and houses the offices of the mayor, several municipal offices and the staterooms. It contains the Museo Civico that houses numerous masterpieces by local artists, the most noteworthy being Maesta, Guidoriccio da Fogliano at the Siege of Montemassi. The Museum also exhibits important works by Bernardo Rossellino, Domenico di Niccolo, Jacopo della Quercia, Spinello Aretino and Domenico Beccafumi.
Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico Travel Tips
- Disabled access provided by lift.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico
- Full: 9 EUR without booking, 8.00 EUR with reservation.
- Reduced: 8 EUR without booking, 7.50 EUR reservation (boys aged 11 to 19 years old, over 65, university student not enrolled in universities Sienese categories contracted, and military groups over 15 people).
- Educational Institutions: 4.50 EUR without booking, 4.00 EUR reservation.
- Family Tickets (2 adults + children exceeding 11 years): 22 EUR.
- Free: Residents in the town of Siena, under the age of 11, public schools Siena, accompanying teachers, carers groups (1 every 15), handicapped and journalists.
- 1st November - 15th March - Ticket office closes at 5.15 pm.
- 16th March - 31st October - Ticket office closes at 6.15 pm.
How to Reach Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico
- Nearest Bus Stop: Logge Del Papa (Arrivo), Piazza Indipendenza (Arrivo)
- Ristorante Pizzeria Sansedoni in Birreria
- Al Mangia
- Ristorante La Buca di San Pietro
- Ristorante alla Speranza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Siena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siena and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Siena include Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
47.2% of people start their Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico
80.26% of people prefer walking in order to reach Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico