Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico, Siena
About Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico, Siena
Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico, Siena - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Piazza del Campo, 1, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 19.1K times in trip plans
Museum, Monument, Tourist Center, Town, Architecture , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Palazzo Pubblico of Siena (also known as the Palazzo Comunale) was built in the Piazza del Campo between 1297 and 1310 as the new headquarters of the Government of the Nine. The first nucleus, which dates 1284, was expanded and reconstructed until 1310 when the government moved in permanently. The Palazzo Comunale is the headquarters of the modern city’s administration and houses the offices of the mayor, several municipal offices and the staterooms. It contains the Museo Civico that houses numerous masterpieces by local artists, the most noteworthy being Maesta, Guidoriccio da Fogliano at the Siege of Montemassi. The Museum also exhibits important works by Bernardo Rossellino, Domenico di Niccolo, Jacopo della Quercia, Spinello Aretino and Domenico Beccafumi.
Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico Information
- Disabled access provided by lift.
Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico Ticket Prices
- Full: 9 EUR without booking, 8.00 EUR with reservation.
- Reduced: 8 EUR without booking, 7.50 EUR reservation (boys aged 11 to 19 years old, over 65, university student not enrolled in universities Sienese categories contracted, and military groups over 15 people).
- Educational Institutions: 4.50 EUR without booking, 4.00 EUR reservation.
- Family Tickets (2 adults + children exceeding 11 years): 22 EUR.
- Free: Residents in the town of Siena, under the age of 11, public schools Siena, accompanying teachers, carers groups (1 every 15), handicapped and journalists.
- 1st November - 15th March - Ticket office closes at 5.15 pm.
- 16th March - 31st October - Ticket office closes at 6.15 pm.
How To reach Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Logge Del Papa (Arrivo), Piazza Indipendenza (Arrivo)
Restaurants Near Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico
- Ristorante Pizzeria Sansedoni in Birreria
- Al Mangia
- Ristorante La Buca di San Pietro
- Ristorante alla Speranza
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Siena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Siena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palazzo Publico And Museo Civico, Siena Reviews - Write a Review
Excellent example of medieval fortification. There are a lot of frescoes of XIV century with combat scenes and they are all excellent sources of information on arms and armor of XIV century. Must see place for all people interested in medieval military history. Visitors are allowed to take non commercial photo without flash light.
Supreme example of civic identity and pride in the Renaissance, the Palazzo Pubblico is home to a series of rooms each containing important frescoes by some of the greatest artists of the day. In particular, the allegorical series depicting Good and Bad Government by Ambrogio Lorenzetti is extraordinary.
Brilliant place to visit. Would highly recommend climbing the tower!
Kind of a modern place relative to the rest of the city but still a fun visit.
A beautiful historic building with amazing wall paintings/ frescos. You walk through the halls, imagining people actually working here - breathtaking! We visited only Palazzo Publico itself, but you can also get a combi ticket and visit the tower too (admittance only at certain time slots) and even the Santa Maria della Scala museum.
- Nearby Attractions
- Piccolo Hotel Etruria
- Ristorante Guidoriccio
- Agriturismo Il Castagno
- Strada Di Certosa
- Il Duomo
- Campo Regio Relais
- Fonti Di Pescaia
- Siena Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Siena
- What to See in 48 Hours in Siena
- What to See in 72 Hours in Siena
- How to Spend 5 Days in Siena
- How to Spend 6 Days in Siena
- How to Spend 7 Days in Siena