Are you looking for what to do in Siena?
PLACES TO SEE
- Piazza del Campo: When you are planning about the places to visit is Siena, this should be your must stop. It is Europe’s greatest medieval Square, located right at the center of the city. It’s a shell-shaped piazza surrounded by Palazzo Pubblico and its Torre del Mangia. This is the most striking feature of this historical piazza that makes it stand out from all other existing piazza located in all over the world. The brick pavement is made of red bricks arranged in fishbone style. This place has also become famous because of Palio, (horse race) held twice a year.
- Palazzo Pubblico (Town Hall): It’s an 800 years old town hall of Siena, considered as the true jewel of the Gothic and one of the important tourist attractions of Siena, Italy. It contains frescos by Ambrogio Lorenzetti, by Simone Martini and Duccio. It also holds the famous bell tower, names Torre del Mangia.
- Duomo: It is one of the finest Gothic churches of Italy. The interior decoration and the colored marbles give you the glimpse of the Gothic architecture in detail.
- Duomo Novo: Also known as Siena’s cathedral was built to create largest place of worship in Italy. It was an incomplete project but taking a look into the interior of the church gives a view of the magnificent craftwork.
- Museo Civico: Most famous museum of the city holding collection of masterpieces created by Sienese school.
- Besides these, if you wish to explore the city more, go for ‘Siena Walking Tour’. It starts in a small groups guided by a tour guide who will take you up in the Chianti Hills, cover some of the best sightseeing spots of Siena. Like Pienza, Montalcino.
- Along with these things to see in Siena, things to do in this city should include a tour to Olive groves where you get a wine tasting session.
PLACES TO BE
- Shopping: Siena is popular for shopping streets throughout the world. Beautiful boutiques and shops are there from where you get the best designable attire for yourself.
- Nightlife: As far as nightlife of this city is concerned, Siena is a peaceful town. However, you can find many cafes to enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the evening or enjoy live music at Piazza del Campo.
Below we have a list of things to do in Siena and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Siena getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Siena with confidence.