- Address: Sigiriya, Matale District, Central Province, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 30 USD
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids
The Sigiriya Frescoes, might once have been one of the largest collection of ancient painting in the world. Reportedly, painted by artists perched 100m from the ground, the Frescoes were a collection of nearly 500 paintings and covered the entire rock face. Made with vivid colors, these depict beautiful women, said to be the women of the King's harem; or perhaps the Goddess Tara; or maybe simply women the artists might have seen in everyday life.
Frescoes Travel Tips
- The last bus to Dambulla leaves at 6 pm, it is recommend to not linger in the area after dark.
- There are no toilets, restaurants or shops inside the paid area.
Entrance Ticket Details For Frescoes
- The ticket includes entry to the museum.
- The entrance to the site is only till 5 pm.
How to Reach Frescoes
- Buses and tuk tuks ply regularly between Dambulla and Sigiriya, however the last bus leaves at 6 pm.
- The nearest restaurants are in the Sigiriya village, you can however buy water, chips and biscuits from a shack next to the ticket counter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sigiriya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sigiriya and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.44% of people who visit Sigiriya include Frescoes in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
41.26% of people start their Frescoes visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Frescoes
83.83% of people prefer walking in order to reach Frescoes