Minneriya National Park, Sigiriya
About Minneriya National Park, Sigiriya
Minneriya National Park, Sigiriya - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Habarana-Polonnaruwa Road, Habarana , Sri Lanka
Ticket Price: 24 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, National Park, Wildlife Park, Wildlife Safari, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
An hour drive from Sigiriya will take you to this beautiful national park of Sri Lanka. It is centrally located and is considered as the best place in Sri Lanka to observe wild Asian elephants. In fact, the park is said to be the home of largest number of Asian elephants.
You need to reach the entrance, located at Habarana. From there, you will get jeep that will take you on a private safari tour. It is best to visit the place during rainy season, especially in August. At this time of the year, you get the most breathtaking sight of around 300 wild elephants, all gathered together at one place. This phenomenon is popularly named as The Gathering and is said to be the largest gathering of Asian elephants around the world.
Minneriya National Park has no accommodation facilities within its boundaries. But the cities close to Minneriya National Park- Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Habrana and Giritale- are clustered with luxury hotels and lodges.
Things to see: Watch baby elephants moving around playfully, bull elephant tussling for dominance.
Things to do: Go for an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride.
Minneriya National Park Information
- It is best to visit the park in the afternoon, i.e. around 3:30pm. This is because, animals tends to hideout of the lunchtime sun.
- Avoid visiting the place during June to September as you might not see enough number of elephants due to dry season.
Minneriya National Park Ticket Prices
- The ticket prices are approximate and subjected to change.
- Jeep & Guide : $36 – 50 (depending on where you hire it from) .
- Child: 12 USD
How To reach Minneriya National Park by Public Transport
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sigiriya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sigiriya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Minneriya National Park, Sigiriya Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Sigiriya Lion Rock
- Jeep Safari For Elephants
- Back Of Beyond - Kurulu Uyana
- The Thick Forest
- Minneriya Wildlife Park
- Pahala Talkote Vava
- Wasgamuwa National Park
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- The Elephant Corridor Hotel
- Sigiriya Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Sigiriya
- What to See in 48 Hours in Sigiriya
- What to See in 72 Hours in Sigiriya
- How to Spend 5 Days in Sigiriya
- How to Spend 6 Days in Sigiriya
- How to Spend 7 Days in Sigiriya