Terrace Gardens Tours
About Terrace Gardens, Sigiriya
The third set of gardens you find after moving ahead of water gardens is the Terrace Gardens. The overall view of the gardens shows that they are formed of series of small landings that leads to the Sigiriya Rock. Such unique structure of the gardens often makes people compare it with the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. The entire structure is formed out of natural hills, made of retaining walls, each of the terrace raises above the other one and circles around the rock.
You need to climb one of the any two brick stairways with limestone paving that also connects the Boulder Gardens as well.
Terrace Gardens Tickets Prices
- Entry is free.
Terrace Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- It is best to visit the place during day light.
How To Get To Terrace Gardens by Public Transport
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sigiriya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sigiriya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Terrace Gardens Tickets And Tours
This is a typical countryside experience with a jeep ride to the rural village of Hiriwadunna from your hotel in Sigiriya or Dambulla. The trek begins with a beautiful walk along to a man-made reservoir. You will also experience a boat ride, bullock cart ride, rural vegetable cultivation, paddy fields and enjoy an authentic Sri Lankan lunch at a Village house.
Share your experience - Rate Terrace Gardens, Sigiriya
- Other Attractions
- Greek Amphitheatre
- Side Museum
- Temple Of Apollo
- Aspendos Bridge
- Lighthouse Side
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Greek Amphitheatre
- Cheap Hotels Near Side Museum
- Budget Hotels Near Temple Of Apollo
- Hotels Near Aspendos Bridge
- Budget Hotels Near Lighthouse Side
- Budget Hotels Near Side
- City Tripplans
- Sigiriya Itinerary 1 Day
- 2 Day Trip to Sigiriya from Sigiriya
- Sigiriya Itinerary 4 Days
- Sigiriya Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Sigiriya from Sigiriya
- Sigiriya Itinerary 5 Days
- 6 Day Trip to Sigiriya from Sigiriya
- Sigiriya Itinerary 3 Days
- Sigiriya Itinerary 6 Days
- Sigiriya Itinerary 7 Days