The Mirror WallCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Sigiriya, Matale District, Central Province, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 30 USD
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Nature
The Mirror Wall, once buffed to perfection so as to reflect the King's face, has survived the ravages of time for over 1600 years. Reached by climbing the Lion Staircase halfway in the Sigiriya Fortress, the wall today is an orange hued, flat slab. It is covered with writings from travelers – learned scholars, historians as well as common men or women. Called the Sigiriya Graffiti, some of the writings date back to the 8th century, and contain description of the wall as well as verses on love, war and everything in between.
The Mirror Wall Travel Tips
- The last bus to Dambulla leaves at 6 pm, it is recommended not to linger in the area after dark.
- There are no toilets, restaurants or shops inside the paid area.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Mirror Wall
- The ticket includes entry to the museum.
The Mirror Wall Hours
- The entrance to the site is only till 5 pm.
How to Reach The Mirror Wall
- Buses and tuk tuks ply regularly between Dambulla and Sigiriya, however the last bus leaves at 6 pm.
- The nearest restaurants are in the Sigiriya village, you can however buy water, chips and biscuits from a shack next to the ticket counter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sigiriya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sigiriya and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.25% of people who visit Sigiriya include The Mirror Wall in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
32.31% of people start their The Mirror Wall visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Mirror Wall
53.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Mirror Wall