Located just 200m from the Sigiriya fortress, the museum has a number of displays featuring the history of the region. The displays are simple, but informative and provide an excellent context to the whole Sigiriya complex. The museum also contains recreation of the Frescoes, a few writings from the Mirror Wall and a model of the fortress .
The Sigiriya Museum Travel Tips
- The last bus to Dambulla leaves at 6 pm, it is recommended not to linger in the area after dark.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Sigiriya Museum
- The entrance is free if you have paid for the Sigiriya site.
The Sigiriya Museum Hours
- The entrance to the museum is only till 05:00 pm.
How to Reach The Sigiriya Museum
- Buses and tuk tuks ply regularly between Dambulla and Sigirya, however the last bus leaves at 6 pm.
- The nearest restaurants are in the Sigiriya village, you can however buy water, chips and biscuits from a shack next to the ticket counter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sigiriya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sigiriya and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.32% of people who visit Sigiriya include The Sigiriya Museum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
34.03% of people start their The Sigiriya Museum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Sigiriya Museum
59.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Sigiriya Museum