The Sky Palace, SigiriyaCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Sigiriya, Matale District, Central Province, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 30 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Garden, Family And Kids, Adventure, Rock Climbing, Nature
About The Sky Palace, Sigiriya
Situated on an enormous rock, surrounded by lush forest and painted a gleaming white, the Sky Palace, is said to have resembled a gigantic floating cloud in its hey day. The walls of the rock were also covered in paintings (the Frescoes), adding to the opulence of the whole structure. The climb up to the palace is a bit strenuous and recommended only for the fit, but the view at the top and the attractions on the way are worth the entire effort. You can also stroll through the miniature gardens, water gardens, boulder garden and terrace garden on your way up.
The Sky Palace Information
- Do carry a bottle of water with you.
- There are no shops or eateries inside the paid area, so do carry refreshments with you.
- There are no toilets/washrooms inside the paid area.
- The last bus to Dambulla leaves at 6 PM, it is recommended not to linger in the area after dark.
The Sky Palace Ticket Prices
- The ticket includes entry to the museum.
The Sky Palace Opening and Closing Hours
- The entrance to the site is only till 05:00 pm.
How To reach The Sky Palace by Public Transport
- Buses and tuk tuks ply regularly between Dambulla and Sigiriya, however the last bus leaves at 6 pm.
Restaurants Near The Sky Palace
- The nearest restaurants are in the Sigiriya village, you can however buy water, chips and biscuits from a shack next to the ticket counter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sigiriya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sigiriya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Sky Palace
95% of people who visit Sigiriya include The Sky Palace in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
43.92% of people plan their visit to The Sky Palace between 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see The Sky Palace
52.53% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Sky Palace
The Sky Palace, Sigiriya Reviews
All QuestionsThe sky palace
- Tourist Attractions Around the World
- Arian Baptistry
- Domus Of The Stone Carpets
- Monumento De Monte Do Gozo
- City Of Culture Or Cidade Da Cultura
- Actuacion Tuna De Derecho
- Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos Or Catholic Kings Hostal
- Santo Domingo De Bonoval Park
- Convento De San Francesco
- Monasterio E Iglesia De San Pelayo
- Colegiata Del Sar Or The Collegiate Church Of Sar In Santiago De Compostela