Water GardensCurrently Open
- Address: Central Province, Matale District, Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Garden, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Water Gardens - Review
Moving to ahead of boulder gardens, the route will take you to the water gardens. This area has both small as well as large water gardens. The first garden you come across is a miniature one, situated in the interior of the inner walls. It consists of a courtyard, pools; cisterns where you can stroll around the place or event sit for some time. The slow moving water of the pools acts as a cooling device creating a soothing sound effect and presents a serene beauty.
The largest water garden has four L-shaped pools, connected with underground water making it a natural swimming pool. One of the pools located in the south-west region is actually used as bathing pool by the visitors. There are steps leading into the pool and hence, you can easily get down into the pool.
A nice place to play around with water safely for some time!
Water Gardens Information
- Wear comfortable shoes as you need to walk a lot.
- Carry water bottle with yourself.
Water Gardens Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Water Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- You can visit the place at any time of the day.
How To reach Water Gardens by Public Transport
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sigiriya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sigiriya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Water Gardens
95% of people who visit Sigiriya include Water Gardens in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
33.44% of people start their Water Gardens visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Water Gardens
54.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Water Gardens
Water Gardens Map
Water Gardens Trips
1 View10 Days 9 Nights13 Day Trip to Male, Vaadhoo, Sri Lanka from Las VBy: Guest UserCity: Sri Lanka, Male, Vaadhoo
Water Gardens, Sigiriya Reviews
Attraversando il fossato interno si accede ai giardini acquatici. Il primo tratto è costituito da quattro laghetti disposti a quadrato: quando sono pieni, creano un isolotto al centro, collegato da viottoli ai giardini circostanti. Nelle zone rettangolari a nord e a sud dei laghetti sono visibili rovine di padiglioni.
All QuestionsWater gardens
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal