Chinatown24645 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 5 Banda St, Singapore 050005
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 65-82281223
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Entertainment, Architecture , Neighborhoods
Chinatown continues to be one of the fascinating corners of the city. It is dominated by Chinese culture. However, the landscape is marked with various other cultural features as well. Every city needs a Chinatown but Singapore’s Chinatown is even more fascinating due to its cultural diversity and harmony. This place includes the Sri Mariamman Temple, the Jamae Mosque and the Al Abrar Mosque. Mainly, Victorian and Baroque influences are seen in the architecture.
The best part about it is, of course, the food so be absolutely certain to try out the various delectable delights. To feel the pulse in Chinatown, head to the Smith Streets and Trengganu where the largest concentration of the activity is found.
Chinatown is one of the must-visit attractions in Singapore itinerary 5 days.
Chinatown Travel Tips
- Lot of things to see and eat. Spend few hours here.
- Avoid visiting in January and February as it is Chinese New Year.
- For an affordable, quick meal in Chinatown, head for the Chinatown Complex, Food Centre on the corner of Sago Street and Trengganu Street.
- Chinatown Street Market opens at 10:00 am - 10:00 pm.
How to Reach Chinatown
- Boon Lay, bus 194 or 251
- IndoChine Waterfront Restaurant
- Yum Cha Restaurant
- Taste Paradise
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Singapore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Singapore and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.48% of people who visit Singapore include Chinatown in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
46.2% of people start their Chinatown visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Chinatown
93.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chinatown