How to Reach Singapore
How to reach Singapore
HOW TO GET TO SINGAPORE
- By Air: The Changi International Airport which is located 20km from the main city center is well connected with all the major cities throughout the globe with frequent international & domestic flights. During off peak seasons flights are very much affordable for tourists.
- By Road: Buses and Cabs are great way to reach Singapore from Malaysia and Thailand. The Bus transportation system is very pocket friendly in Singapore.
- By Train: There are trains which run from Malaysia to Singapore which are air conditioned and very comfortable. The TanjungPagar Railway Station is located approximately 16kms from Singapore city.You can do reservations for train in advance using Singapore tourist guide.
- By Boat: Ferries connect Johor and Riau Islands to Singapore.
HOW TO GET AROUND SINGAPORE
- By Cab: One can hire a cab to reach city after getting down at the railway station and once you book a hotel in city center you are ready to explore the city using Singapore tourist information.
- By train: The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) and LRT (Light Rail Transit) are a reasonable and reliable mode of transport.
- By Bus: You can cover most of Singapore by bus. However they are comparatively a slow mode of transport.
Modes of Transportation in Singapore
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Singapore. The most preferred mode of transport in Singapore is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 16.59 km Average time: 45.99 min
Bus/Trolleybus 29.35%Bus 42.33 min Waiting 6.63 min Walking 5.52 min Driving 1.04 min Overall average time for 14.88 kms 55.52 min
Car 18.48%Driving 33.06 min Walking 2.35 min Waiting 0.29 min Overall average time for 22.47 kms 35.71 min
Motorbike 5.43%Motorbike 17.6 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 13.4 kms 19.6 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.09%Tram 40 min Walking 15 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 60 min
Train/Metro 27.17%Train 31.12 min Walking 8.52 min Waiting 8.12 min Bus 4.16 min Tram 1 min Overall average time for 16.56 kms 52.92 min
Walking 10.87%Walking 20.6 min Driving 8 min Train 5.9 min Waiting 2.4 min Bus 1 min Overall average time for 14.98 kms 37.9 min
Bike 2.17%Bike 17.5 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 17.5 min
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Sentosa