How to Reach Singapore
HOW TO GET TO SINGAPORE
- By Air: The Changi International Airport which is located 20km from the main city center is well connected with all the major cities throughout the globe with frequent international & domestic flights. During off peak seasons flights are very much affordable for tourists.
- By Road: Buses and Cabs are great way to reach Singapore from Malaysia and Thailand. The Bus transportation system is very pocket friendly in Singapore.
- By Train: There are trains which run from Malaysia to Singapore which are air conditioned and very comfortable. The TanjungPagar Railway Station is located approximately 16kms from Singapore city.You can do reservations for train in advance using Singapore tourist guide.
- By Boat: Ferries connect Johor and Riau Islands to Singapore.
HOW TO GET AROUND SINGAPORE
- By Cab: One can hire a cab to reach city after getting down at the railway station and once you book a hotel in city center you are ready to explore the city using Singapore tourist information.
- By train: The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) and LRT (Light Rail Transit) are a reasonable and reliable mode of transport.
- By Bus: You can cover most of Singapore by bus. However they are comparatively a slow mode of transport.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Singapore. The most preferred mode of transport in Singapore is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 15.25 km Average time: 42.01 min
Train/Metro 27.15%Train 31.07 min Walking 7.98 min Waiting 6.88 min Bus 4.39 min Tram 0.61 min Overall average time for 16.48 kms 50.93 min
Car 20.53%Driving 28.45 min Walking 1.65 min Waiting 0.16 min Overall average time for 19.48 kms 30.26 min
Motorbike 5.3%Motorbike 16.25 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 13 kms 17.5 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.32%Tram 30 min Walking 10 min Bus 5 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 19 kms 50 min
Bus/Trolleybus 26.49%Bus 39.33 min Waiting 6.38 min Walking 6.3 min Train 1.25 min Driving 0.7 min Overall average time for 15.06 kms 53.95 min
Walking 13.91%Walking 19.76 min Driving 4.76 min Train 3.67 min Waiting 1.71 min Bike 1.29 min Bus 1.24 min Other 0.71 min Overall average time for 9.73 kms 33.14 min
Bike 1.99%Bike 16.67 min Walking 1.67 min Overall average time for 4 kms 18.33 min