The canal in the city of Singapore, known as Singapore River is of utmost historic importance. The river flows from Central Area in the southern part of Singapore till it meets the ocean. It is regarded as the most important river in Singapore. The river has three most important quays namely boat quay, Clarke quay and Robertson quay which is regarded as the heart of the city. Singapore River draws attention of both locals and tourists of Singapore by its different offerings and superlative welcoming ambience. The key features of the Singapore River which you should surely not miss are as follows:
- Nine bridges crossing the river: Esplanade Bridge, Anderson Bridge, Cavenagh Bridge, Elgin Bridge,Coleman Bridge, Read Bridge, Ord Bridge, Clemenceau Bridge, and Kim Seng Bridge.
- Merlion Park
- Monument commemorating the landing site of Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles.
- Dahousie Obelisk
- Boat Quay
- Clarke Quay
- Robertson Quay
- Parliament House
- Riverside Point & Riverside Village
Make your Singapore trip a journey to remember with 10 Days in Singapore Itinerary
- Don't miss out on visiting the key features of Singapore River.
- Photography can be nice idea to capture some clicks of yourself with the historic river.
- Opposite OCBC Ctr
- Indo Chine waterfront restaurant
- Hot Stones Steak & Seafood Restaurant
- RAS the essence of India
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Singapore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Singapore and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.91% of people who visit Singapore include Singapore River in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
32.61% of people start their Singapore River visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Singapore River
52.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Singapore River
Clarke Quay. Lots of great restaurants. Great place to walk and at night the lighting is fantastic.
It's really enjoyable to take a stroll along the Singapore River and take in the views. It is nice for Singaporeans and foreigners alike to visit as it is too hard to get sick of the view all around.
Singapore River The Singapore River is located within the island’s Central Region.1 The 3.2-kilometre-long waterway
It's so beautiful, especially in night with many architectural building light.
One and only river in Singapore. Everyone take a board to feel Singapore, through Singapore River.