Turkey bestows upon you an abundance of opportunities to recline into its assorted terrains, panoramas, distinctive foliage and most prominently its cobaltskies, towering heritage architecture of some of the world’s most beautiful mosques and its azure ocean. Infused with rich heritage and cultures, Turkey offers some of the best opportunities on the fronts of cuisine, adventure, sights and of course souvenirs for you to take back home.
Serving as the capital of the Sinop Province, Sinop can be described as a conservative Turkish mountain village. If you want to see Turkey minus all the commercialization, this is the place to visit. Situated on the north-most tip of Turkey, Sinop is a medieval charm. Towering from the hills, Sinop commands spectacular views of the Black sea. With a fascinating history of its coming to existence as a fine natural harbour, Sinop will have you hooked with its churches, fortifications and bastions.
Essential travel information and Sinop tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Eastern European Time; UTC +2/+3
- Currency: Euro
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 230V/ 50Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Turkish is the official language of Sinop.
- Security: Dial 112 for emergency, 166 for ambulance, 199 for fire and 100 for police.
- Off-beaten Path: If any (non-touristy things to do in city)
- Tipping: Unless your bill is rounded off, 5-10% tipping is customary.
Sinop Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Sinop. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Sinop trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Sinop