Sinop Archaeology Museum49 Votes Currently Open
- Address: İncedayı, Okullar Cad. No:2, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +90-3682611975
- Ticket Price: 5 TRY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Visit one of the earliest museum of Turkey that gives you a glimpse of the history of Sinop and its surrounding areas. Take a tour into the museum to check out its rich collection of artifacts that signifies the cultural importance of the Ottoman Turkish empire.
The highlighted feature of the museum is the open-air region of the museum. The collection included in this region are:
- Ruin of a Serapeum – a temple dedicated to Hellenistic-Ancient Egyptian deity Serapis.
- Sultana’s tomb belonging to the Turkish Sultan – Sultan Hatun Turbesi.
- Other collections like sculptures made of marble or stone, earthenware jars, headstones.
Along with these, also visit the different halls that the museum has.
How to Reach Sinop Archaeology Museum
- By hired car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sinop before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sinop and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sinop Archaeology Museum Address: İncedayı, Okullar Cad. No:2, 57000 Sinop Merkez/Sinop, Turkey
- Sinop Archaeology Museum Contact Number: +90-3682611975
- Sinop Archaeology Museum Timing: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Sinop Archaeology Museum Price: 5 TRY
- Best time to visit Sinop Archaeology Museum(preferred time): 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Sinop Archaeology Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
40.16% of people who visit Sinop include Sinop Archaeology Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
54.55% of people start their Sinop Archaeology Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sinop Archaeology Museum
57.14% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sinop Archaeology Museum
People normally club together Sinop Fortress Prison and Sinop Cezaevi while planning their visit to Sinop Archaeology Museum.