How to Reach Sintra
- By Air: The closest airport to Sintra is the international airport at Lisbon.
- By Train: Sintra is a 30 minute train journey from Lisbon. The service runs every 15 minutes.
- By Tram: The tram ‘Praia das Macas’ ends at ‘Ribeira de Sintra’, close to the Sintra town centre. The service runs frequently.
- By Taxi: Visitors will find numerous taxi options for going short distances such as the Cascais-Sintra route.
- By Bus: A number of regular bus services run from Cascais to Sintra.
- By Car: Sintra is connected to Lisbon by A5 and A16 motorways, fairly straightforward paths.
- By Bicycle: It is common for people to hire bicycles at Lisbon and ride them to Sintra. Alternately, you can carry them into Sintra on trains.
- By Walking: Many of Sintra’s main attractions can be accessed on foot through well laid out walking trails. Bring along a map to guide you through the trails.
- By Bus: Bus number 434 has a circular bus route and the bus runs every 15 minutes on the ‘train station town – Castelo dos Mouros – Palacio da Pena – train station’ route. Scotturb 403 also runs servives to Cape Roca towards Cascais.
- By Car: Several parking spaces are available around Sintra. However, the best option is to walk around the city, especially the city centre.