Are you looking for what to do in Sion?
- Church-Fortress of Valere: At the foothill of the lower hill of Sion, lies this beautiful church which is often referred as an ideal example of perfect combination of secular and sacred power, reflecting the glorious days of the church. It is one of the popular tourist attractions of Sion.
- Lac Souterrain St-Leonard: It is the largest natural underground lake of Europe, located in Sion, Switzerland. Located along the Rhone valley, this subterranean lake lies between Sion and Sierre and stretches for around 300 meters. You can explore the entire lake by a boat tour.
- Chateau de Tourbillon: Located on the opposite hills of Basilique de Valera, this beautiful castle was once ruined in the year 1788 because of fire. You can see the ruins still left on the rocky spire of the hill. It is still considered as one of the beautiful castles of Switzerland.
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Sion / Sion Cathedral/ Cathedral Notre-Dame de Sion / Cathedral Notre-Dame du Glacier: It is also popularly said to be the seat of the Diocese of Sion. Today, the church is an important religious destination for the pilgrims. The primary reason for its popularly is because of the existence of seven-foot Virgin Mary statue standing on the top of the bell tower which is around 148 foot high.
- House of Supersaxo (Maison Supersaxo): Tucked at the corner of the Old Town’s courtyard, this grand residence was built by Georges Supersaxo in the year 1505. The house is now being used by the municipality of Sion.
Below we have a list of things to do in Sion and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Sion getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Sion with confidence.