Sioux Falls Tourism
The largest city in the U.S. state of South Dakota, Sioux Falls city is a heaven when it comes to natural beauty. Founded in 1856, the city boasts of a great location i. e near the Big Sioux River. While planning a visit expect to find a lot of natural attractions here such as Falls Park and others. What makes Sioux Falls city an ideal place to visit is that the city is an ideal weekend destination for family and friends. There are a lot of attractions that will amuse and enlighten the kids in terms of physical activities and others. There are zoos, hills, great locations that give every adventure junkie some travel goals to explore this place. The 19-mile hiking, biking, and walking trail starts at Falls Park and makes a loop around the city making it a much-coveted city for some physical and adventurous plunges.
Then, there are cathedrals, memorials that add a tinge of culture and history to this place making it look like a perfect blend of past and nature. Lovers of art would love to walk through its interesting and eclectic exhibit of sculptures which are displayed year-round, mostly along Phillips Avenue, from the Washington Pavilion to Falls Park.
All in all, Sioux Falls is one destination which offers you a perfect melange of experiences to look forward from a great vacay in USA.
Essential travel information and Sioux Falls tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central Time Zone, UTC-06:00
- Currency: Currency used in Sioux Falls is United States Dollar (USD).
- Electricity: Electric power is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. 220 Volt power is used in homes only for large appliances like stoves, water heaters and clothes dryers. If you bring any electrical appliance to the USA, you may need an adaptor to fit the US electrical receptacles. You may also need a converter to change the voltage from 110 volts to 220 volts.
- Internet: Most of the hotels in Sioux Falls provide 3G and 4G internet connections for its visitors. There are cyber cafes also for the internet users.
- Languages: Language spoken in Sioux Falls is English.
- Security: Police: +1 605-367-7212, Fire: +1 605-367-8093, Ambulance: +1 605-275-2770
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered in Sioux Falls.
- Customs: The Sioux are skilled artisans at beadwork, quill-work, carving, pipe making, drum making, flute making, and leatherwork of all kinds—from competition powwow regalia to saddles and tack.