Catullo's GrottoCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza Orti Manara 4 | Tip of Sirmione Peninsula, 25019 Sirmione, Italy
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-030916157
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site , Specialty Museum, Heritage Building
About Catullo's Grotto, Sirmione
This archaeological site is an ancient Roman villa, built between 100B.C – 100 A.D. It covers about two acres of some of Sirmione’s most beautiful land. The estate has a large open-air section in the centre, a garden park. There really are no words to describe how magnificent this place is, how well planned, or elegantly laid out – you have to see it for yourself. The highlights are:
- The Loggias and the terraces
- The gardens and flower beds
- The Cryptoporticus carved from natural bedrock
- The olive grove that surrounds the area
The museum to the Grotto was opened in 1999; it houses the many artefacts uncovered from the excavation site. It contains beautiful Pompeian frescoes, fragments of stucco and architecture. The museum also presents a brief history of the Sirmion area and houses other artefacts found from nearby areas and old villages submerged now in the lake.
Catullo's Grotto Information
- Limited disability accessible.
- Wear comfy shoes.
- Leashed dogs are allowed, but not in the museum.
- No picnics, bikes or scooters.
- Beach not accessible from here.
Catullo's Grotto Ticket Prices
- EUR 3 for Europeans between 18-25 years of age.
- Free for under 18.
- Free on first Sunday of the month.
Catullo's Grotto Opening and Closing Hours
Closed Tuesdays if preceding Monday is a holiday.
Winter (November – March approx.)
- Tuesday-Saturday: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (archaeological); 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM (Museum)
- Holidays: 8:30 AM to 02:00 PM.
Summer (April-October approx.)
- Tuesday-Saturday: 8:30 AM to 07:30 PM.
- Holidays: 9:30 AM to 06:30 PM.
Restaurants Near Catullo's Grotto
- Lido delle Bionde
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sirmione before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sirmione and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Catullo's Grotto
95% of people who visit Sirmione include Catullo's Grotto in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.8% of people start their Catullo's Grotto visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Catullo's Grotto
87.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Catullo's Grotto
Catullo's Grotto Map
Catullo's Grotto Trips
Catullo's Grotto, Sirmione Reviews
All QuestionsCatullo's grotto
- St Stephen R C Church
- Holy Redeemer R C Church
- Elim Pentecostal Family Church
- Clydebank Library
- Dalmuir Illuminations
- Methodist Church - Clydebank
- Yoker Railway Station
- A Walking Tour Of Clydebank - Day Tours
- The 543 Club
- Empire Clydebank
- St Joseph's R C Church, Faifley Rd, Clydebank
- Moniques Live Fish Foods Aquarium, Pond & Reptile Supplies
- Titan Crane Clydebank
- Clydebank Station