Church Of St. Mary Of The Snow Or Chiesa Di Santa Maria Della Neve
About Church Of St. Mary Of The Snow Or Chiesa Di Santa Maria Della Neve, Sirmione
Built in the fifteenth century on the ruins of the Church of St. Martin, this little gem is the Catholic parish church of Sirmione. It’s famous for its superb terracotta and fresco decorations. It’s a popular place to get married in Sirmione. The highlights are:
- The façade with terracotta decor and portico.
- A wooded Madonna enthroned.
- 15th century frescoes.
- 16th century cruxifix.
- 18th century organ.
- A pillar on the entrance porch edicated to the emperor Julian the Apostate.
- A memorial stone dedicated to Jupiter, which is now used as a box for charity.
How To Get To Church Of St. Mary Of The Snow Or Chiesa Di Santa Maria Della Neve by Public Transport
- Bus stop of Sirmione
Restaurants Near Church Of St. Mary Of The Snow Or Chiesa Di Santa Maria Della Neve
- Ristorante La Roccia
- Ristorante Al Progresso
- La Rucola
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sirmione before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sirmione and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 13 Via S. Maria Maggiore, Sirmione, BS 25019, Italy
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 5K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Church Of St. Mary Of The Snow Or Chiesa Di Santa Maria Della Neve, Sirmione
- Other Attractions
- Arbetets Museum
- The Industrial Landscape
- Visualization Center C
- Louis De Geer- Norrkoping Concert Hall
- Bus Fabriken
- Norrkopings Konst Museum
- Loffstad Slott
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Arbetets Museum
- Cheap Hotels Near The Industrial Landscape
- Hotels Near Visualization Center C
- Luxury Hotels Near Louis De Geer- Norrkoping Concert Hall
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bus Fabriken
- 5 Star Hotels Near Stadsmuseum
- Luxury Hotels Near Norrkopings Konst Museum
- Hotels Near Loffstad Slott
- Hotels Near Norrköping Busstation
- 5 Star Hotels Near Norrkopping City Center
- City Tripplans
- Sirmione Itinerary 4 Days
- Sirmione Itinerary 6 Days
- Sirmione Itinerary 7 Days
- Sirmione Itinerary 1 Day
- Sirmione Itinerary 5 Days
- Sirmione Itinerary 2 Days
- 2 Day Trip to Sirmione from Sirmione
- Sirmione Itinerary 3 Days
- Trip to Milan, Genoa, Sirmione
- An Amazing Day in Sirmione