Scaliger Castle Or Rocca Scaligera, Sirmione
About Scaliger Castle Or Rocca Scaligera, Sirmione
Scaliger Castle Or Rocca Scaligera, Sirmione - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Viale Guglielmo Marconi 2, 25019 Sirmione, Brescia, Italy
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 7.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This enormous square-cut castle was built in the thirteenth century to defend Sirmione against intruders; it guards the only footbridge into town. Looking over Lake Garda, it is one of the rare example of water fortifications… and what’s more, it is very well preserved.
- There are three massive towers and a fourth even taller one (47 metres high).
- A climb of 147 steps will take you to the battlements, from where you have some pretty terrific views of the lake.
- Ask the locals here about the tragic story of Ebengardo and Arice; the ghost of the former is supposed to still haunt this place.
Scaliger Castle Or Rocca Scaligera Ticket Prices
- EUR 2 for 18-25.
- Free for under 18 and over 65.
How To reach Scaliger Castle Or Rocca Scaligera by Public Transport
- There is a bus stop outside the castle.
Restaurants Near Scaliger Castle Or Rocca Scaligera
- La Speranzina
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sirmione before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sirmione and book an accommodation of your choice.
Scaliger Castle Or Rocca Scaligera, Sirmione Reviews - Write a Review
very helpful as is the case with most Italians
Amazing view from the top tower.
Excellent views over Sirmione and the Lake. Well worth a visit