About Pollepel Island, Fishkill
Pollepel Island /pɒlᵻˈpɛl/ is a 6.5 acres (26,000 m2) island in the Hudson River in New York. The principal feature on the island is Bannerman's Castle, an abandoned military surplus warehouse.Wikipedia
Overview of Pollepel Island
Welcome to the page of Pollepel Island. This is a place of interest in the city of Fishkill in United States. Pollepel Island is not the prime point of interest of Fishkill. Although, you can pay a quick visit to it if you are around.
More about Fishkill
Explore Pollepel Island and other prime spots of the city using Fishkill trip planner.
You won't miss your home when in Fishkill, hotels in Fishkill like Countryside Motel, Inn At Arbor Ridge Hotel And Conference Center and Mercury Grand Hotel offer some of the best places to stay in the city.
Share your experience - Rate Pollepel Island, Fishkill
One of the most interesting ruins on this part of the Hudson. While it never was a historic site, it was a great looking castle built by an industrious man with a vision. It is too bad it was allowed to deteriorate, as it would have made a terrific tourist site had it been able to be developed. I always admire it while cruising by and wish we could visit when it was a stable building.
Cool historic site in need of continued support from the public. See it and help to refurbish the great state of NY
The island is small but full of history! The tour guides tell a great story about the island's history. Tip: Don't bring any food or drink here since you're not allowed to walk and eat/drink while on the island.
My wife, my daughter and I took the boat ride and tour out of the Beacon waterfront. The island is beautiful and the history fascinating,and great photo ops. Staff at the dock, on the boat and on the island were all great - very friendly and knowledgeable. Ken (our island guide) shared personal photos and stories they had about the site.
I work for the Bannerman's tour group and I love the history as well at the crew and experience you can have on the island from plays and tours to watching the art project constellation glow in the night.
- Other Attractions
- Falls Park
- St. Joseph Cathedral
- SculptureWalk Sioux Falls
- Butterfly House And Marine Cove
- Catfish Bay Water Ski Park
- Great Plains Zoo And Delbridge Museum Of Natural History
- Sioux Falls Bike Trails
- Washington Pavilion Of Arts And Science
- Old Courthouse Museum
- U S S South Dakota Battleship Memorial
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Falls Park
- Budget Hotels Near St. Joseph Cathedral
- Hotels Near SculptureWalk Sioux Falls
- Budget Hotels Near Butterfly House And Marine Cove
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Catfish Bay Water Ski Park
- 5 Star Hotels Near Great Plains Zoo And Delbridge Museum Of Natural History
- 5 Star Hotels Near Sioux Falls Bike Trails
- Cheap Hotels Near Washington Pavilion Of Arts And Science
- Cheap Hotels Near Old Courthouse Museum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near U S S South Dakota Battleship Memorial
- City Tripplans
- 3 Day Trip to Cooperstown, Fishkill, West Point from West Babylon
- 1 Day Trip to fishkill
- 4 Days Trip to fishkill
- 2 Days Trip to fishkill
- 3 Days Trip to fishkill
- 3 Day Trip to Fishkill from Mill Run
- 3 Day Trip to Fishkill from Hauppauge
- 2 Day Trip to Fishkill from Elmhurst
- 3 Day Trip to Fishkill from Monticello