Ethnographic Institute With MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 1, Alexander Battenberg Sq., Sofia City, Bulgaria
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +359-28052621
- Ticket Price: 3 BGN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museums, Observatory, Palace, Tourist Center, Architecture , Specialty Museums
The museum is famous for its collection of pastoral woodcarving from the 19th and 20th centuries. Most of these are household items, but you’ll also find musical instruments, furniture and decoratives. There is a lovely embroidery collection with a significant folkloric influence. Most of the museum focuses on describing Bulgarian traditional life, during weekdays and weekends.
The building in which the museum is housed used to be a Royal Palace, so don’t foreget to check out the architecture. It’s best to take the guided tour if you want to get the most out of the museum. And yes, you get tours in English.
- BGN 1 students and seniors, and active military
- BGN 10 for groups of 5
- Free for under 7
- Subway Red line : Serdika or Sofia University stop
- Bus lines 9, 94, 280, 306 : Sofia University stop
- Trolley bus line 9 : St. Alexander Nevski Square stop
- Trolley bus lines 1, 2, 4, 11 : Sofia University stop
- Tramway line 20 : National Opera stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sofia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sofia and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.53% of people who visit Sofia include Ethnographic Institute With Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
71.19% of people start their Ethnographic Institute With Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ethnographic Institute With Museum
65.52% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ethnographic Institute With Museum