Ivan Vazov National Theater1120 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Deacon Ignatius' 5, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Ballet, Performance, Stage Show, Theatre
This is Bulgaria’s oldest and most important theatre. The building is famous for its grandiose architecture – it’s neo-classical, and was built by Viennese architects. Also famous is the stage curtain, with its mythical firebird motive from Stravinsky’s ballet. Twice this century, the theatre has been heavily damaged – first in 1925 by a fire, and then by bombing in WWII. It has since been restored though. Check out the theatre website and see if you’d like to catch a show here. It doesn’t matter whether you know Bulgarian or not.
You can also kip out at one of the many cafes in front of the theatre, and just people watch.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ivan Vazov National Theater
- Ticket prices depend on the show. Check attraction website.
How to Reach Ivan Vazov National Theater
- Subway Red line— Serdika or Sofia University stop
- Bus lines 9, 94, 280, 306 — Sofia University stop
- Trolley bus line 9 — St. Alexander Nevski Square stop
- Trolley bus lines 1, 2, 4, 11 — Sofia University stop
- Tramway line 20 — National Opera stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sofia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sofia and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.21% of people who visit Sofia include Ivan Vazov National Theater in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
49.78% of people start their Ivan Vazov National Theater visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ivan Vazov National Theater
62.56% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ivan Vazov National Theater