Are you looking for what to do in Sofia?
PLACES TO SEE
- Church of St George: A Roman rotunda (building with circular ground plan) built in 14th century. It is considered as the oldest building in Sofia.
- Church of St Sophia: A sixth century Byzantine church built on an ancient Roman theatre.
- National Historical Museum: A must-visit place on your Sofia itinerary planners, this museum is home to more than 650,000 Thracian treasures and artefacts.
- National Archaeological Museum: A museum occupying a 15th century Ottoman mosque, now exhibiting archaeological artefacts from the Balkan Peninsula.
- Ivan Vazov National Theatre: Bulgaria’s National Theatre and also the oldest one in the country.
- National Assembly of Bulgaria: The legislative body of Bulgaria established in 1879.
- Battenberg Mausoleum: Memorial of Alexander I of Battenberg.
- City Garden: The oldest Public garden of Bulgaria, existing since the late 19th century.
Sofia tourist information centre will help you with maps, guides and other travel-related queries.
- Free Sofia Tour: Free sightseeing tour of Sofia with English guides. No need of reservations. Corner of Alabin Str. and 2 Vitosha Blvd., Sofia 1000, Bulgaria.
- Traventuria - Day Tours: Tour of Bulgaria with skiing and trekking activities. Sofia 1421, Bulgaria
- Balkan Bites Food Tours: Food tasting tour in Sofia, consists of traditional cuisine. Park Crystal next to the statue of Stefan Stambolov, Rakovska Str. and Tsar Osvoboditel, Sofia 1606, Bulgaria.
- Sofia Trips - Day Tours: Cultural tour of Sofia with experienced travel guide. Sofia 1421, Bulgaria.
- Hiking Guide Bulgaria Day Tours: Hiking, mountain biking and trekking at Mt. Vitosha and other hilly terrains. 42 N. Rilski Str., Sofia 1000, Bulgaria.
Below we have a list of things to do in Sofia and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Sofia getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Sofia with confidence.