Bhalka Tirtha625 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bhalka, Somnath, Gujarat 362265, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Bhalka Tirth is probably the most pious place in Somnath basically because of the stories associated with it. According to legend, thousands of years ago Lord Krishna was resting on a deerskin in the jungle at the particular spot when a tribal hunter named Jara mistook his foot to be of a deer and shot an arrow at it. Knowing that his time had come, Lord Krishna graciously pardoned the hunter and started walking to the confluence of the 3 rivers. Currently a small temple stands at the spot to mark its importance and is dedicated towards Lord Krishna’s incredible feats and teachings. A blue colored idol of Lord Krishna in a meditating posture is inside the temple for devotees to pray to.
Bhalka Tirtha Travel Tips
- Follow Hindu Temple customs such as removing of footwear outside the temple and wearing modest clothing.
How to Reach Bhalka Tirtha
- Somnath Trust operated tour Bus.
- By renting a car or taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Somnath before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Somnath and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.86% of people who visit Somnath include Bhalka Tirtha in their plan
36.21% of people start their Bhalka Tirtha visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Bhalka Tirtha
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bhalka Tirtha