Dehotsarg Teerth, SomnathCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Prabhas Patan, Somnath, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Dehotsarg Teerth, Somnath
After Lord Krishna was shot in the foot by a hunter, he left his mortal remains behind, which was then cremated on the banks of the river Hiranya by Arjun. This very spot is called the Dehotsarg Teerth. Lord Krishna’s footprints are installed under a papal tree to mark his memory and for devotees to pay their respect to the Lord. It is very close to other temples like Gita temple and Lakshminarayan Temple and has a very peaceful and spiritual environment. Devotees often like to sit around and learn more about the significance of this holy spot.
Dehotsarg Teerth Information
- Follow Hindu Temple customs such as removing of footwear outside the temple and wearing modest clothing.
How To reach Dehotsarg Teerth by Public Transport
- By renting a car or taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Somnath before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Somnath and book an accommodation of your choice.