Gita MandirCurrently Closed
- Address: Somnath, Prabhas Patan, Gujarat 362268, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Gita Mandir - Review
The Gita Mandir is also popularly referred to as Birla Mandir and is one of the most visited temples after the main Somnath temple in Somnath. It is referred to as Birla temple as it was built by the Birlas in the 1970s. The Mandir is famous for its depiction of the Bhagwat Gita, which is carved out on 18 marble pillars. The temple itself is said to be located at the spot where Lord Krishna took rest after walking from Bhalka Tirth when he was shot by an arrow. Also the walls are adorned with various beautiful paintings of Lord Krishna. The temple has the idols of Lord Krishna in the middle and Lord Lakshminarayan and Lord Sita Ram on his two sides.
Gita Mandir Information
- Follow Hindu Temple customs such as removing of footwear outside the temple and wearing modest clothing.
How To reach Gita Mandir by Public Transport
- By renting a car or taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Somnath before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Somnath and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gita Mandir
95% of people who visit Somnath include Gita Mandir in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
49.46% of people start their Gita Mandir visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gita Mandir
58.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gita Mandir
Gita Mandir Map
Gita Mandir Trips
Gita Mandir, Somnath Reviews
All QuestionsGita mandir
- The Whisky Shop Dufftown
- Dufftown Distillery Walk
- Nairn Beach Lochloy Holiday Park
- Mortlach Primary School
- Keith & Dufftown Railway Association
- Dufftown Library
- Joseph Brown & Sons
- Dufftown Tourist Information Centre
- Ballyhalbert Caravan Park
- Kingfisher Upvc South Wales
- D D Racing
- Green Lawn Social Club
- Schools Literacy & Resource Centre
- Helen O'Grady Childrens Drama Academy
- Pontypool & New Inn Railway Station