Are you looking for what to do in Somnath?
PLACES TO SEE:
Some of the best places to visit in Somnath are:
- Somnath Jyotirlinga Temple: One of the main 12 Lord Shiva temples built in India.
- Old Somnath Temple: Ancient temple built to enshrine the Shivlinga.
- Lakshminarayan Temple: A big imposing temple with the presiding deity of Lord Lakshminarayan, an expression of Lord Vishnu.
- Gita Mandir: Also called Birla Temple, the marble made temple is built at the place where Lord Krishna rested after being hit by an arrow.
- Kamnath Mahadev Temple: Almost 200 year old temple with a holy pond, water well and bathing pool.
- Parshuram temple: Beautiful temple with 2 ancient kunds where Parsuram, incarnation of Lord Vishnu, underwent penance for many years.
- Suraj Mandir: Suraj Mandir or Sun Temple is an ancient temple with uncertain origins because of the many attacks it underwent.
- Baldevji Mandir: A temple with a cave from where it is believed that Sheshnag went to Patal Lok (Underworld).
- Panch Pandav Gufa: It is a temple near Lalghati in Somnath. It is dedicated to the 5 Pandava brothers.
- Triveni Ghat: A very sacred spot where the Rivers Hiran, Kapila and Saraswati merge and end up into the ocean.
- Light & Sound Show: A very beautifully orchestrated event that makes up for a magnificent viewing.
- Prabhas Patan Museum: The museum is quite close to Somnath temple and has a collection of antique ornaments and architecture.
Somnath is a very holy and religious place and there are innumerable more attractions like Shree Shashibhushan, Shree Veneshwar Mahadev Temple and Bhimnath Temple among others to be seen.
Below we have a list of things to do in Somnath and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Somnath getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Somnath with confidence.