- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Family And Kids
Baltal - Review
This small beautiful town is 15 kilometers north to Sonamarg and is an ideal place for trekking and sightseeing. During the time of annual pilgrimage to the sacred Amarnath valley, this town serves as the base camp for the pilgrims. After taking a one day journey from Baltal one can reach to Amarnath as it is the shorter path to reach the holy place. Apart from these, regular trekking camps and tours are also organized by individual trekking groups. If you want to move away from the hustle and bustle of the city life, then this is the best place to visit and feel close to nature.
- You can go for a long drive and enjoy the picturesque enchantments of the valley.
- The place is ideal for picnic. Have a picnic with your close ones.
- Just stop on the road side, do nothing and stand and enjoy the scenes.
How To reach Baltal by Public Transport
- Taxis are available near all the tourist spots. You can take a taxi or hire a private car from the local travel agency.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sonamarg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sonamarg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Baltal
95% of people who visit Sonamarg include Baltal in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
55% of people start their Baltal visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Baltal
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Baltal
15 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Srinagar, Jammu, Leh from BengaluruBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Srinagar, Jammu, Leh
4 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Leh, Jammu, Srinagar from BangaloreBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Srinagar, Jammu, Leh