How to Reach Sonamarg,
The Easiest Way to Reach Sonamarg
Sonamarg can be reached by air and road transports.
- By Air: Nearest airport is the Srinagar Airport situated in the capital city of Jammu and Kashmir and is 87 kilometres away. Connecting flights take off from Delhi. Taxis are available from Srinagar Airport to Sonamarg running on NH 1D.
- By Bus: Buses are run by Jammu and Kashmir State owned road Transport Corporation connecting Sonamarg from Jammu (distance- 60 kilometres) and Sonamarg from Srinagar (distance- 87 Kilometres).
- By Train: Nearest major railway station leading to Sonamarg is at Srinagar. Other nearby railway stations are Udhampur and JammuTawi.
- By Car/Taxi: After arriving at the Srinagar railway station or at the Srinagar airport one can hire a taxi from the taxi stands. Also cars can commute from Jammu and nearby towns like Pahalgam, Badgam to Sonamarg through the connecting national highway.
- By Bus: J&KSRTC has employed regular as well as sightseeing buses near the tourist places. They are available every 2-3 hours.
- By Car: SRTC sight- seeing coaches are available daily in summer. Once reaching a place, local Sumo car service is also available in taxi stands. You can book them from nearby taxi stand as well as from travel agencies in Srinagar.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available at fair prices at taxi stands that are located near every tourist spot.
Are you looking for a Sonamarg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Sonamarg from Nearby Cities
|Srinagar to Sonamarg||71.43 km||1 hour 11 mins|