Satsar LakesCurrently Open
- Address: SatsarLake ,Ganderbal , Jammu and Kashmir 184120, Sonamarg
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 10:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
About Satsar Lakes, Sonamarg
These are a group of seven beautiful lakes situated in Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir and remain frozen during the winters.During the winters the area is restricted from tourist entry because of heavy snowfall. The ice in these lakes melts only during the summer season when most of the trekking expeditions are set. This place is the most preferable spot for camping because of its surreal background and the lake side filled with lush alpine flowers, poppy flowers and many more mountainous shrubs. These lakes are filled with all kinds of trout fish and are an ideal place for angling and fishing.
Satsar Lakes Information
- Pack your camping gear and have a one day camp near the lake.
- Pack eatables and food stuff because there are no food joints near the lake.
- Take permission of the local authorities for angling and fishing.
- If you are planning to go for trekking, prefer going in summers.
- Click memorable photographs!
How To reach Satsar Lakes by Public Transport
- One can rent a taxi or a private car from Sonamarg toNaranaag from the nearby taxi stand or local travel agency. A short trek from Naranaag is needed to reach Satsar Lake.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sonamarg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sonamarg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Satsar Lakes
52.92% of people who visit Sonamarg include Satsar Lakes in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50.94% of people start their Satsar Lakes visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 10 Hrs to see Satsar Lakes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Satsar Lakes
Satsar Lakes Map
Satsar Lakes Trips
Satsar Lakes, Sonamarg Reviews
All QuestionsSatsar lakes
- Shiloh Baptist Church
- Michaelangelo Park
- Zion Hill Church
- Deer Park Campground
- Howard-Dickinson House
- Macedonia Church
- Henderson, Library
- Alcatraz Cellhouse Dining Hall
- Antoinette Celle Vineyards
- Lycett Park
- Reddick Public Library
- Calvary Baptist CH Of Vidalia GA
- Saint Paul's Ame Ch
- Cross Timbers Baptist Church
- Healing Temple Ministries