Thajiwas Glacier1685 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Forest Block, Jammu & Kashmir, 191203, Sonamarg
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
These glaciers present a scenic view of the snow clad mountain peaks and small streams of water flowing beneath. People from all over the world come here for trekking and skiing. The high altitudes of this glacier and the density of snow give a rare experience of snow sports and activities. Everywhere one can find heavy sheets of snow spread profusely and the distant view of the surrounding pine and fir forests.
Thajiwas Glacier Travel Tips
- Sledges and ponies are available on hire during the peak season.
- You can also camp on the nearby grounds of the glacier.
- Hiring a tour guide for enjoying the scenic vistasis recommended.
- Do enjoy snow ball fights because you don’t usually get such snow covered land everywhere!
How to Reach Thajiwas Glacier
- Cars and taxis are available on hire. You can hire a car or a taxi from the taxi stand located near all the hotels and destinations in Sonamarg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sonamarg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sonamarg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sonamarg include Thajiwas Glacier in their plan
75% of people start their Thajiwas Glacier visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Thajiwas Glacier
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thajiwas Glacier