Thajiwas GlacierCurrently Open
- Address: Forest Block, Jammu & Kashmir, 191203, Sonamarg
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
These glaciers present a scenic view of the snow clad mountain peaks and small streams of water flowing beneath. People from all over the world come here for trekking and skiing. The high altitudes of this glacier and the density of snow give a rare experience of snow sports and activities. Everywhere one can find heavy sheets of snow spread profusely and the distant view of the surrounding pine and fir forests.
- Sledges and ponies are available on hire during the peak season.
- You can also camp on the nearby grounds of the glacier.
- Hiring a tour guide for enjoying the scenic vistasis recommended.
- Do enjoy snow ball fights because you don’t usually get such snow covered land everywhere!
- Cars and taxis are available on hire. You can hire a car or a taxi from the taxi stand located near all the hotels and destinations in Sonamarg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sonamarg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sonamarg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Sonamarg include Thajiwas Glacier in their plan
75% of people start their Thajiwas Glacier visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Thajiwas Glacier
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thajiwas Glacier
Lovely place. Completely covered with snow in November 2018. Trekked the place and had a snow bike ride. Enjoyed thoroughly.
This place made me believe that heaven is here. Beautiful landscape, I stayed in the than was sanctuary itself which is even great. One must visit this place in their lifetime.
Just wow. Trek was relatively easy. Very scenic place.
Trek if you can ...not so tough mountain you can also borrow a pony but must bargain with them..very nice sceneries best time is March to June ..snow is always there on mountain peaks but you can't touch it from July to November
Absolutely loved the place. Trek of around 5.5 km one side was worth it. No need of hiring carts from the base sonamarg. Trek up to the glacier and enjoy the snow. Sleigh rides available. Bargain for the rates. Tea and Maggi was great in that rainy weather.