Vishansar Lake697 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ganderbal, Jammu&Kashmir;, India, Sonamarg
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
Vishansar Lake is a high altitude mountain lake with beautiful valley flowers and shrubs adding to its panorama. The water of this lake eventually merges into Neelum River. The Lake receives its water from the adjacent Krishansar Lake and glaciers and remains frozen in winters. During summers, the lake is surrounded by beautiful flowers swaying gently to the breeze and one can see shepherds grazing their flocks there. It is an abode for many species of fish mainly the brown trout and fishing is the main activity done here.
Vishansar Lake Travel Tips
- Carry your necessary things, eatables and camping stuff and have a one day camp near the lake.
- Prior permission for fishing in the lake is required.
- Sit alongside the lake and enjoy the perfect country side image which is a feast to the eyes!
How to Reach Vishansar Lake
- You can find taxis and private cars on hire in nearby taxi stands which go till Shitkadi village in Sonamarg. From there a one day trek is needed to reach the lake.
- Ponies are also available in Shitkadi to reach up to the place crossing Nichnai Pass, which is another trek.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sonamarg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sonamarg and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.45% of people who visit Sonamarg include Vishansar Lake in their plan
50% of people start their Vishansar Lake visit around 7 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vishansar Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vishansar Lake
People normally also visit Aru Valley while planning their trip to Vishansar Lake.