Vishansar Lake, Sonamarg
Vishansar Lake, Sonamarg - Address
Address: Ganderbal, Jammu&Kashmir;, India
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.9K times in trip plans
Water Body, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Vishansar Lake, Sonamarg
Vishansar Lake is a high altitude mountain lake with beautiful valley flowers and shrubs adding to its panorama. The water of this lake eventually merges into Neelum River. The Lake receives its water from the adjacent Krishansar Lake and glaciers and remains frozen in winters. During summers, the lake is surrounded by beautiful flowers swaying gently to the breeze and one can see shepherds grazing their flocks there. It is an abode for many species of fish mainly the brown trout and fishing is the main activity done here.
Vishansar Lake Information
- Carry your necessary things, eatables and camping stuff and have a one day camp near the lake.
- Prior permission for fishing in the lake is required.
- Sit alongside the lake and enjoy the perfect country side image which is a feast to the eyes!
How To reach Vishansar Lake by Public Transport
- You can find taxis and private cars on hire in nearby taxi stands which go till Shitkadi village in Sonamarg. From there a one day trek is needed to reach the lake.
- Ponies are also available in Shitkadi to reach up to the place crossing Nichnai Pass, which is another trek.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sonamarg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sonamarg and book an accommodation of your choice.