Church Of St Michael
About Church Of St Michael, Sopron
This is the oldest church in the town and is dedicated to St Michael. Originally a Romanesque church dating back to 13th century, it was reconstructed in Gothic style in 15th century. The current structure is the product of 19th century Neo-Gothic renovation.
The facades, porch, lancet windows and the buttresses holding the nave date to back to the medieval times. Stunning stone ribs, 13th century St James Chapel and the figure of the dragon carved into one of its entrances generates curiosity among the visitors. The interior flaunts the 15th century statues and wall paintings. The wooden Madonna carved around mid-fifteenth century is admirable. Visit this church and admire the amalgamation of various cultures reflected in its construction.
Church Of St Michael Information
- The timing of masses can be obtained locally.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Maintain peace at all times.
How To Get To Church Of St Michael by Public Transport
- Trains E and R
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sopron before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sopron and book an accommodation of your choice.
Share your experience - Rate Church Of St Michael, Sopron
- Other Attractions
- Arctic Cathedral
- The Polar Museum Or Polarmuseet
- Arctic Explorers Tromso
- Lyngsfjord Adventure
- Tromso Villmarkssenter
- Arctic Guide Service Day Tours
- Tromso Fjords
- Arctic Fishing Adventures
- Fjellheisen Adventure
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Polaria
- Cheap Hotels Near Arctic Cathedral
- Luxury Hotels Near The Polar Museum Or Polarmuseet
- Budget Hotels Near Arctic Explorers Tromso
- Cheap Hotels Near Lyngsfjord Adventure
- Cheap Hotels Near Tromso Villmarkssenter
- 5 Star Hotels Near Arctic Guide Service Day Tours
- Luxury Hotels Near Tromso Fjords
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Arctic Fishing Adventures
- Hotels Near Fjellheisen Adventure
- City Tripplans
- Sopron Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Sopron from Sopron
- Sopron Itinerary 1 Day
- Sopron Itinerary 5 Days
- 2 Day Trip to Sopron from Sopron
- 6 Day Trip to Sopron from Sopron
- Sopron Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Sopron from Sopron
- Sopron Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Sopron from Sopron