Are you looking for what to do in Sopron?
PLACES TO SEE
- The Firewatch Tower: The most recognizable sight of Sopron is the Firewatch Tower. Climb up to the balcony and enjoy beautiful view of Sopron and its surroundings, as well as the view of Austrian Alpes.
- The Baroque City Square: Take a walk across the square and visit the City Hall, the Firewatch Tower, Storno House and the main Sopron Catholic Church.
- The Storno House: The Storno House is built in the 15th century and keeps exhibits of the Sopron Museum, as well as the Storno Collection, the collection of carvings, made by the family of restorers from the 19th century.
- The Pharmacy Museum: It is placed in a Gothic building nearby the Goat Church. Find out about the history of the pharmacy industry.
- The Bakery Museum: The Museum is actually a completely restored bakery, home and shop of a successful local baker from the 19th century.
- Goat Church: Placed near the Fire watch Tower; the Church was named after the heraldic animal representing its chief benefactor. It dates from the 13th century.
- Fabricius House: The building keeps some exhibits from the Sopron Museum. It dates from the 14th century, but its interior had been renovated in 17th and 18th century.
THINGS TO DO
Pubs and Nightlife
- Colloso Club: The Club has two sections – the Colloso Grande with dance music and the Colloso Classic with funky, latin and sophisticated music.
- Green Cafe Nyme: Organized parties, special drink offers, friendly atmosphere and various genres of music.
- Hangar Music Garden: Bands perform live music
- Casino Sopron: High standard of customer service. Play American Roulette, Black Jack or challenge your luck in poker.
- The Firewatch Tower: Nice souvenirs
- Aveg Porcelan: Beautiful souvenirs, but quite fragile to handle, especially when travelling.
- Lower Baths: Take a swim and enjoy relaxation in a beautiful ambient.
- Sopron Summer Toboggan Run for a fun-filled day activity, also suitable for family and kids
- Go on walking tours of Sopron and explore the city like locals
Below we have a list of things to do in Sopron and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Sopron getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Sopron with confidence.