Ursula SquareCurrently Open
- Address: 9400 Sopron, Orsolyatér, Hungary Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Walking Area, Square, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Originally a Salt market of the medieval times, Ursula Square operated as the slaughter-house in later times. In mid-eighteenth century, it was instituted as a convent and a church was built on it by the Ursuline order.
The two-storied building was completed in 1860 and is work of architect Nandor Handler. There are exhibitions dedicated to Roman Catholic Ecclesiastical Art Collection.
The house with arcade at the corner is one of the most interesting buildings on the Ursuline Square. Originally a slaughter-house, it is now a venue of various temporary exhibitions. The fountain of Mary in the square is also worth-observing.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ursula Square
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Ursula Square
- On foot
- Domotori Cukraszda
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Sopron before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sopron and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ursula Square Address: 9400 Sopron, Orsolyatér, Hungary
- Ursula Square Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Ursula Square(preferred time): 03:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ursula Square: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
60.74% of people who visit Sopron include Ursula Square in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
38.03% of people start their Ursula Square visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ursula Square
59.65% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ursula Square
People normally club together Central Mining Museum Or Kozonti Banyaszati Muzeum and Bezeredj Palace while planning their visit to Ursula Square.