DuomoCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Street Corso Italia, Sorrento, Italy
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
To get a feel for Sorrento’s history, stroll down Via Pietà from Piazza Tasso and past two medieval palaces en route to the cathedral with its striking exterior fresco, triple-tiered bell tower, four classical columns and elegant majolica clock. Take note of the striking marble bishop’s throne (1573) and the beautiful wooden choir stalls decorated in the local intarsio style.
The cathedral’s original structure dates from the 15th century, but it has been altered several times, most recently in the early 20th century when the current facade was added.
- This is a religious place, so peace and sanity should be maintained at all times.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Ristorante Pizzeria Tasso
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Sorrento before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Sorrento and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.2% of people who visit Sorrento include Duomo in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
80.8% of people start their Duomo visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Duomo
74.4% of people prefer walking in order to reach Duomo
People normally also visit Piazza Tasso while planning their trip to Duomo.