Events and Festivals in Sorrento
Many of the festivals in Sorrento are religious in their theme, while other events are quite the opposite, with concerts, movie screenings and regular markets. Each February, the patron saint of Sorrento, Sant' Antonio, is remembered with an array of different events and celebrations.
- Taking place on February 5th, visitors can expect long processions, bright costumes and lots of partying. Sant' Antonio (St. Anthony) is much loved here, for it is said that he saved the city during the Second World War, when both Sorrento and Naples were suffering from bombing.
- Easter Week (Settimana Santa) is another cause for frivolity and fun in Sorrento, with a number of processions each year on Holy Friday, such as the parade of 'Our Lady of Sorrows'. During this festival, the 'Madonna' is carried high above the crowds, along the Corso Italia, through the Piazza Tasso, visiting each of the numerous churches along the way.
- On Good Friday, an evening procession remembers the death of Christ and draw enormous crowds, who come to watch the procession of hooded men.
- The Summer of Music Festival is another crowd pleaser, as is the highly acclaimed Sorrento Film Festival each November, which is amongst Italy's most important.
Trip plans for Sorrento
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Sorrento
Sorrento Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Sorrento
Save 7%Full-Day Private Capri and Pompeii from Sorrento or Naples1 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Explore Pompeii and Capri on this private tour as your guide takes you to the main attractions, such as plaster casts of the ...
Save 7%Private Transfer: Sorrento to Positano or Positano to Sorrento1 Reviews
Enjoy a fast transfer by private vehicle. This will optimize your time from Positano where you can reach, with all the comfor...
Save 7%Private Half Day Tour to Pompeii8 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Go back in time with this private 4-hour trip to Pompeii. Explore the archaeological site on your own or with a guide (if you...
Save 7%Private Transfer Naples Airport to Sorrento or Vice Versa with English Speaking Driver and 2 Hours in Pompeii4 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Have a break in Pompeii for a couple of hours, during your transfer to Sorrento. Enjoy a taste of the ancient Roman culture i...
- Events & Festivals in Battipaglia
- Events & Festivals in Bellizzi
- Events & Festivals in Eboli
- Events & Festivals in Montecorvino Rovella
- Events & Festivals in Campagna
- Events & Festivals in Pontecagnano Faiano