Events and Festivals in Souillac
- Chinese New Year: Taking place annually in late January or early February at the beginning of the Chinese lunar calendar, the Chinese New Year is celebrated with feasting, fireworks and parades with lion and dragon dances.
- Independence Day: Held on March 12 each year, this festival celebrates the independence and the foundation of Mauritius in 1968. It is celebrated with parades, special events and patriotic fervour.
- Holi Festival: Hindus constitute the majority of population in Mauritius. Holi, the colourful Hindu festival takes place in February in Mauritius so as to enjoy a good harvest with parades, music, dancing, and by throwing colors on each other.
- MahaShivaratre: During late February or early March, Hindus from all over Mauritius dress in white and walk to celebrate one of the biggest Hindu festivals, Maha Shivaratree.
- Father Laval Day: This day is celebrated in the memory of Jacques-Désiré Laval who had come to Mauritius in 1841 to work as a healer and missionary. Every year Mauritius celebrates the birthday of Father Laval on September 9.
Trip plans for Souillac
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Souillac
Events & Festivals in Top Cities in Mauritius
- Events & Festivals in Port Louis
- Events & Festivals in Flic En Flac
- Events & Festivals in Le Morne
- Events & Festivals in Pamplemousses
- Events & Festivals in Chamarel
- Events & Festivals in Riviere Des Anguilles
- Events & Festivals in Morcellement Saint Andre
- Events & Festivals in Plaine Des Papayes
- Events & Festivals in The Vale