Gris Gris BeachCurrently Open
- Address: South Coast, Souillac, Mauritius
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, View Point, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Gris Gris Beach - Review
Located near the pristine town of Souillac, the Gris Gris Beach offers a relaxed seascape to enjoy your warm days and breezy evenings. The central attraction of this beach is the rock shaped like a “praying nun” or a “witch engaged in witchcraft” that can be located between the cliffs and the barrier reef.
As an ode to the beauty of this place, the poet Paul Jean Toulet has written, “Sweet beaches where my soul was born, and thou blooming Savanne, soaked by tears of the ocean, and the blazing sun”. For the locals, the beach has connections with black magic, a reason that has contributed to its name. The term “Gris Gris” refers to black magic as per the local traditions. Apart from that this beach is a beautiful standing point to enjoy the picturesque views and to have some beach fun.
Gris Gris Beach Information
- The waters can be lively here, and although it is possible to swim but beware of strong currents.
- Store your electronics in a plastic bag so as to protect them from getting wet.
- Use of sunscreen lotions and sunglasses is mandatory while going out in the sun.
Gris Gris Beach Ticket Prices
- Free entry
How To reach Gris Gris Beach by Public Transport
- By Bus: Nearest Bus station: CNT Bus Depot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Souillac before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Souillac and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gris Gris Beach
95% of people who visit Souillac include Gris Gris Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.44% of people start their Gris Gris Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Gris Gris Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gris Gris Beach
Gris Gris Beach Map
Gris Gris Beach Trips
1 View13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Flic En Flac, Chamarel, Riviere Des Anguilles, Port Louis, Pamplemousses from RiyadhBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Flic En Flac, Chamarel, Riviere Des Anguilles, Port Louis, Pamplemousses
Gris Gris Beach, Souillac Reviews
All QuestionsGris gris beach
- Holland Patent Village Green
- Hickory Hollow Airport-Ny85
- Holland Patent Free Library
- Wethersfield Stone Schoolhouse
- St Leo's Rectory
- Presbyterian Church Of Hp
- First Presbyterian Church
- Off The Beaten Path Media
- John B. Hudson Trail
- Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge
- Jehovah's Witnesses Exeter Congregation
- Simon Lillibridge Farm
- Exeter Chapel
- Exeter Country Club
- Beacon Free Will Baptist Church