Eagle Falls Hike, South Lake TahoeCurrently Open
- Address: Emerald Bay, South Lake Tahoe, CA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Waterfront, View Point, Waterfall, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
About Eagle Falls Hike, South Lake Tahoe
One of South Lake Tahoes’ most popular and pretty hikes, this leads along an upper Eagle Fall and a lower Eagle Falls to Eagle Falls lake, which is perfect for family picnics. The water is only a trickle in the summer–so make sure that you’re visiting in the spring, when the fall is splendorous.
The start of your problems is getting there: Drive 8.5 miles north on Highway 89 from the junction of Highway 50 at South Lake Tahoe, till you come to the Emerald Bay/Vikingsholm State Park parking lot. There’s a small parking fee…if you can get a spot. Usually, unless you arrive early, you won’t get a spot.
Once you’ve parked, it’s a very easy hiking trail along the main sights.
Eagle Falls Hike Information
- There is a more dangerous trail down to the lake, which offers nicer views; but you should know that people have died from going over the falls. Be careful.
Eagle Falls Hike Ticket Prices
- USD 5 parking fee.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in South Lake Tahoe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in South Lake Tahoe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eagle Falls Hike, South Lake Tahoe Reviews
Nice view point place
Short fun hike
All Questionseagle falls hike
- Recently Added Point of Interest in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Baron
- Taylor Creek Visitor Center: Salmon Run
- Lakeside Beach House
- Inspiration Point
- Out By The Lake There Arouse Such A Clatter
- Fire And Rain Gallery
- Dardanelles Lake
- Parks & Recreation Department
- El Dorado County Law Library
- Tahoe Pines Campground
- Tahoe Valley Lines Rail Cars