Eagle Falls Hike, South Lake Tahoe
About Eagle Falls Hike, South Lake Tahoe
Eagle Falls Hike, South Lake Tahoe - Address
Address: Emerald Bay, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 8.4K times in trip plans
Water Body, Waterfront, View Point, Waterfall, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of South Lake Tahoes’ most popular and pretty hikes, this leads along an upper Eagle Fall and a lower Eagle Falls to Eagle Falls lake, which is perfect for family picnics. The water is only a trickle in the summer–so make sure that you’re visiting in the spring, when the fall is splendorous.
The start of your problems is getting there: Drive 8.5 miles north on Highway 89 from the junction of Highway 50 at South Lake Tahoe, till you come to the Emerald Bay/Vikingsholm State Park parking lot. There’s a small parking fee…if you can get a spot. Usually, unless you arrive early, you won’t get a spot.
Once you’ve parked, it’s a very easy hiking trail along the main sights.
Eagle Falls Hike Information
- There is a more dangerous trail down to the lake, which offers nicer views; but you should know that people have died from going over the falls. Be careful.
Eagle Falls Hike Ticket Prices
- USD 5 parking fee.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in South Lake Tahoe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in South Lake Tahoe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eagle Falls Hike, South Lake Tahoe Reviews - Write a Review
Short fun hike
- Nearby Attractions
- Sand Harbor Beach
- Sierra-at-tahoe Road
- Boathouse On The Pier
- Mount Tallac
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort By Diamond Resorts
- South Lake Tahoe Airport
- D.l. Bliss State Park
- Mt. Tallac Trailhead
- Bayview Trailhead
- South Lake Tahoe Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in South Lake Tahoe
- What to See in 48 Hours in South Lake Tahoe
- What to See in 72 Hours in South Lake Tahoe
- How to Spend 5 Days in South Lake Tahoe
- How to Spend 6 Days in South Lake Tahoe
- How to Spend 7 Days in South Lake Tahoe