Tallac Historic Site, South Lake Tahoe
About Tallac Historic Site, South Lake Tahoe
Tallac Historic Site, South Lake Tahoe - Address, Phone Number
Address: Tallac Historic Site, Valhalla Rd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 4.7K times in trip plans
Museum, History Museum, Estate, Historical Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
There are actually three attractions to this place: the Baldwin Estate, the Pope Estate and Valhalla. It all opens only during summer. The entire area offers a glimpse into Tahoe as it was during the 1800s; even then Tahoe was a popular summer retreat. Highlights are:
The Pope Estate: See how the elite lived in an hour-long tour.
- Prices: Adults USD 8; Children USD 3
- Hours: May 24th-25th 1 pm & 2:30 pm; May 31st-June 21st daily 1 pm & 2:30 pm except on Wednesdays; June 22nd-Sept 1st daily 11 am, 1 pm & 2:30 pm except on Wednesdays.
The Baldwin Museum: Introductory video to the area, the children’s room, the kitchen, the Baldwin Room and the Washoe room, and the Blacksmith’s Shop.
- Hours: May 24th-25th 12 pm-4 pm; May 31st-Sept 28th 10 am-4 pm.
Other highlights include the Gourd Workshop and the vintage Vatican.
Valhalla: A grand hall with stunning floors and a magnificent fireplace. It’s now the site of summer concerts. From June – September, the Valhalla Art, Music and Theatre Festival is held here, but pricing depends on the show.
The Gatsby Festival is held here on the second weekend of August.
Tallac Historic Site Information
- Limited parking.
- Pets must be leashed.
Restaurants Near Tallac Historic Site
- Food at the site.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in South Lake Tahoe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in South Lake Tahoe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tallac Historic Site, South Lake Tahoe Reviews - Write a Review
If you're interested in viewing the old estates around Lake Tahoe, this is definitely one to stop at. We also launched kayaks from the beach here and paddles over to Emerald Bay.
Charming houses on nice lake beach. Parking on site with all other services.
Very beautiful place for taking a stroll. Even when the museum isn't open it's still really scenic!
The best place to walk and forgot the stress Whit the amazing view.
Great place to visit for all ages!! Lots to see and a lot of history to be learned. Highly recommend.
- Nearby Attractions
- Chimney Drive
- Classic Cue
- 963 Tanglewood Dr
- Birkholm's Water Ski Wakeboard School In Lake Tahoe
- 11001 Scenic Dr
- Camp Richardson Resort & Marina
- 2157 Oaxaco St
- Heavenly Sports - Village Rentals At The Gondola
- Evan's American Gourmet Cafe
- South Lake Tahoe Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in South Lake Tahoe
- What to See in 48 Hours in South Lake Tahoe
- What to See in 72 Hours in South Lake Tahoe
- How to Spend 5 Days in South Lake Tahoe
- How to Spend 6 Days in South Lake Tahoe
- How to Spend 7 Days in South Lake Tahoe