Van Sickle Bi-state ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Lake Tahoe 15 US-50, Stateline, NV 89449, South Lake Tahoe, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, View Point, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Straddling the borders of California and Nevada, this 725-acre park gets its name from old henry Van Sickle, who had a farm here back in the 1860s. Tourists took notice of it when it became an equestrian stable. Today, most of its attraction is down to the historic barn, a 1917 log cabin and various hiking trails, which lead to the Tahoe Rim Trail, a 165 km long loop through the Sierra Nevada and Carson ranges around Lake Tahoe. From the trail head a 20-30 minute moderate hike will bring you to a delightful waterfall.
Van Sickle Bi-state Park Travel Tips
- Open to vehicles May to October only.
- The park can be accessed from behind Harrah’s Lake Tahoe Casino.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in South Lake Tahoe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in South Lake Tahoe and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Van Sickle Bi-state Park Address: Lake Tahoe 15 US-50, Stateline, NV 89449, South Lake Tahoe, United States
- Van Sickle Bi-state Park Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Van Sickle Bi-state Park: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
58.35% of people who visit South Lake Tahoe include Van Sickle Bi-state Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
76.6% of people start their Van Sickle Bi-state Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Van Sickle Bi-state Park
50.71% of people prefer walking in order to reach Van Sickle Bi-state Park
People normally club together The Gondola At Heavenly and Lake Tahoe Historical Society Museum while planning their visit to Van Sickle Bi-state Park.
People also prefer to end their day with Van Sickle Bi-state Park.