Events and Festivals in South Padre Island
- February: Schlitterbahn Music Fest, WFW Chili & Bean Cook-off, and SPI Chili Expo Market Days offer a variety of activities for this Winter Texan getaway.
- March: March brings Spring Break as all Texas Schools break mid March for fun in the sun.
- June: Sailors from all over come to enjoy the Gulf blue water and excellant sailing such as the Annual Great Texas Catamaran Race. There's also a 'Shark Run' on the beach for all ages and abilities!
- August: Texas International Fishing Tournament attracts over 500 anglers offering the largest salt water tournament in the country!
- October: Sandcastle Days is everyone’s favourite festival as Master Sand Sculptors build their dreams in Sand - the 3 day event offers live music, venders, children’s activities and a wonderful amateur competition for kids and families.
- December: An Island Christmas Parade and Lighted Boat Parade makes the holiday spirit sing Island style.
Trip plans for South Padre Island