How to Reach South Padre Island
The Easiest Way to Reach South Padre Island
By Air: South Padre Island is served by three airports, with daily flights primarily to Dallas and Houston.
- Valley International Airport, in nearby Harlingen, is served by Southwest Airlines, United Express, and Sun Country Airlines.
- Brownsville/South Padre Island Airport is served by American and United Express.
- McAllen Miller International Airport is served by American, United, and Allegiant Air.
By Boat: There are no ferry boat services, but if you have your own boat, just point yourself to the place on the Gulf of Mexico where Texas meets Mexico and you're at South Padre Island! There's several marinas both on South Padre and at Port Isabel.
- Sea Ranch Marina - Offers transient slips on a space available basis.
- Anchor Marina Park - Deep water slips on the Port Isabel side of the causeway.
By Car: Texas State Route 100 connects South Padre Island to the city of Port Isabel on the mainland, and continues on to meet US Route 77/83 between Harlingen and Brownsville. Texas State Route 48 links Port Isabel with Brownsville. If you will be landing at McAllen Miller International Airport, US Route 83 directly connects the airport to Texas State Route 100, passing through Harlingen en route.
By Bus: Catch the $2 Rio Transit bus from downtown Brownsville to its last stop in Port Isabel, and catch the free Wave from there. The Wave runs every half hour and takes you all over South Padre as far as the Visitors Center on the north end.
- By Bus: The Wave is South Padre Island's free public bus line. Buses run along the Padre Blvd. strip and across the bridge to Port Isabel. Wheelchair accessible and FREE (The Wave runs from 7AM to 9PM). Metro Connect is a regional system and it is free from downtown Brownsville to Port Isabel, including the airport, as well as the Valley Metro system.
- By Car: South Padre Island has only one main road: Padre Boulevard, which is part of Texas State Route 100. There are two parallel side streets, Gulf and Laguna.
- By Taxi: There are several taxi-cab companies, with fares starting at around $5.
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Sacramento
- How To Reach Atlanta
- How To Reach Orlando
- How To Reach Baltimore
- How To Reach Flagstaff
- How To Reach San Luis Obispo
- How To Reach Detroit
- How To Reach Kansas City
- How To Reach Memphis
- How To Reach Tampa
- Cities Near South Padre Island
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.